Well, well, well… so today was my first day on maternity leave. Pretty crazy right?! I’m not going to lie, it felt kind of weird not really having any sort of schedule or anything to really worry about doing. In a way, it almost felt wrong! My first nap was done before 8:30 am and my second done by 1:30 pm. I did get some other projects done including my biggest DIY project for the nursery and some yard work (with the help of my mom). But then, a pregnancy craving hit me.
I wanted COOKIES!
Of course, we never actually have any cookies on hand. If I want cookies, I have to make cookies. My automatic reaction when it comes to making cookies is to simply go with my standard oatmeal chocolate chip recipe, but today I wanted something different. I saw that we had a ton of bananas on hand and I do love me some peanut butter, so I figured why not try my own version of a chunky monkey cookie!
Needless to say, the recipe worked, and I may have already eaten 3 or 4.. or maybe even 5 of these little gems. 😉
Chunky Monkey Cookies
What You Need:
- 1 C soft whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/4 C rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/3 C peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1/2 C mini chocolate chips
What You Do:
– Mix together the flour, oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large bowl. Set aside.
– In a smaller bowl, mash the banana, then whisk in the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, peanut butter and milk.
– Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix well.
– Stir in the chocolate chips.
– Using a teaspoon, spoon the dough onto a parchment paper-covered cookie sheet.
– Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
With their slight banana and peanut butter flavour, I dare you to try to eat just one of these in a sitting! 😉