I’m on a roll folks! I’ve actually been doing really well in creating things I see on Pinterest and am having a blast in the process! For this week’s installment of Pinterest To Life, I bring you something that will make your tummy smile. 😉
Last week, I came across this pin for protein packed cookies.
I have yet to try baking with protein, so I knew right away that I wanted to give this recipe a try. However, I’m not one for following recipes exactly. 😉 I noticed that these cookies still had a big unhealthy ingredient in them – butter. So, in true Laura fashion, I set out to recreate my own version of these babies by upping the health factor just a touch. It was a total experiment that was a total success. I slashed the calories per cookie from 83 to 58, and the fat from 5g per cookie to only 1g!!! Yes, it sounds like I’m tooting my own horn here, but words can’t even describe how delicious these babies turned out! I honestly commend Chris and his will power because he was home all day yesterday and still managed to leave many of these little gems behind!
This recipe is very quick to throw together, and quick to bake. So make these today!!! I promise you won’t regret it.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cookies (with Protein!)
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Bake Time: 8-10 minutes (350 degrees)
Yields: 2 dozen
Nutrition Per Each: Calories – 58 / Carbs – 11g / Fat – 1g / Protein – 2g / Fiber – 1g / Sugar – 4g
What You Need:
- 2 C rolled oats (1 C ground into a flour via a food processor)
- 1/4 C vanilla protein powder (I used this)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1/4 C mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
What You Do:
– grind 1 cup of the oats in a food processor until it resembles a flour.
– in a large bowl, combine the oats (ground as well), protein, baking soda and salt – set aside.
– in a small bowl, whisk together the apple sauce, vanilla, egg, and brown sugar
– stir the wet mixture into the dry and once combined, stir in your chocolate chips
– spoon onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment and bake in a 350 degree oven for approximaely 8-10 minutes.
– cool on a wire rack
These little gems were a fantastic guilt-free treat that will definitely be enjoyed again in our house!