Well, what can I say? I finished up Level 2 last week actually, but was feeling a strong urge to take a break from computers as a whole during the holidays, so you are getting the update now. 😉 I am now working on Level 3 of the 30-Day Shred and there is actually a light at the end of the tunnel. I never expected the ‘Shred’ to go by so quickly, but then again, everything goes by so fast nowadays, so I’m not surprised.
If I were to give my overall thoughts on Level 2, I would have to say that it was definitely my least favourite of the 3 levels on this dvd. The strength portions of this level seemed to always concentrate on my upper back and shoulder area, which in a way was good because I need work in those areas, but bad in the way that I didn’t really feel like I was working the rest of my body. I will say though, that as a result of Level 2, I can now say very proudly that I am now able to do actual, REAL push-ups now! No more on the knee girly ones for me! Granted, I can’t do very many at once, but even 2 or 3 in a row is way more than I could do 3 weeks ago!
Overall, I didn’t really see much change in my measurements or weight after Level 2. I’d be lying if I said that I wasn’t a bit discouraged about that. BUT, then I have to remind myself that I was the crazy one who decided that doing this challenge during the holidays was a good idea! 😉 Although I did keep up with the workouts (I have not missed 1 since I started the challenge), I also probably ate a little more than I should have over Christmas. A little cookie here and there…several times… well, that adds up. Anyway, here’s my day-to-day run down of Level 2.
Day 11 – December 17, 2011:
- Today marked Day 1 of Level 2. Wow. I literally almost cried towards the end this morning. This workout was tough! And I mean TOUGH!!! I definitely struggled but damn did I push through. Thank goodness tomorrow is a rest day.
Day 12 – December 19, 2011:
- I didn’t want to get out of bed this Monday morning, but once I got downstairs, I was ready to work. The workout was still extremely HARD and I was DRENCHED by the end, but it went much better than Saturday. I had a bit more confidence and that helped me to push through. Perhaps it helped knowing what to expect this time? I rode Chelsea tonight as well and she couldn’t have been better. Today was a great day.
Day 13 – December 20, 2011:
- Another decent morning of the shred. It’s a definite struggle to push through the tiring cardio minutes, but quitting is not an option! Chelsea got her feet done today, so sadly no riding for a couple of days.
Day 14 – December 21, 2011:
- Took a while to get to sleep last night which made it rough to get out of bed. I was still yawning while warming up! Things that were really tough on day 1 of this level are starting to get a little bit easier now. One more day using the 2lb weights and then I plan to start using the 5lbs for certain exercises. Overall, I’m feeling good!
Day 15 – December 22, 2011:
- I’m finally starting to ‘get’ this level. It’s still extremely hard, but I’m feeling a lot better about it in comparison to day 1! I’m a sweaty mess at the end, so I guess I’ll take that as a good thing!
Day 16 – December 23, 2011:
- Had a day off of work today and I still got up to workout at 6am! Go me! 😉 The oblique twists gave me major trouble on the first few days of this level, but it’s something I can do now. Boy are they tough! As soon as I finish those twists with the skaters I feel SO tired. It’s totally a mental push to the end with this Level. For something different, I used the 5lb weights for the second circuit – static lunges & forward/back lunges. Once I cooled down, I headed out to ride Chelsea and she was once again fabulous!
Day 17 – December 24, 2011:
- It’s Christmas Eve today! We went to do groceries first thing before the stores got slammed, so the workout was done at about 10:30am – the first time since I rearranged the basement! (more on the later) It was nice to have more space to move around. The workout was tough as usual, but I am so glad that I did it. Tomorrow is a scheduled day off for Christmas!
Day 18 – December 26, 2011:
- This morning’s workout felt HARD. I think it’s a combo of having some late nights due to Christmas, eating heavier food (although I tried very hard to be careful with portions), having a day off and then starting later. I stayed in bed a bit after waking up before I headed down to workout. Normally, I jump right out of bed and am down starting the workout within 10-15 minutes of my alarm going off. Today, having been up for a bit before heading down, my body felt a bit more awake and hungry (I’ve been doing these workouts before breakfast) and surprisingly more tired! I struggled and pushed through the workout, but it wasn’t pretty. Level 2 just doesn’t seem to be getting as easier as Level 1 did when I was at this stage.
Day 19 – December 27, 2011:
- Today’s workout was uneventful. Still off work, but I made a point to head down and workout as soon as I got up today. I realized this morning that I’m really not a fan of this Level. I’m still powering through though!! Since I was off, I went to ride Chelsea after I cooled down and it was a nice touch to the morning.
Day 20 – December 28, 2011:
- Last day of Level 2 today!! I pushed my little heart out to finish on a high note, but boy am I ever glad that I get to do something different tomorrow morning. I think I’m going to preview the level ahead of time so that I am more prepared by knowing what is to come.
Level 2 Statistics
upper arm = (left) 10.6″ (right) 10.6″ – back to day 1 measurements
thigh = (left) 22.5″ (right) 22.5″ – left down .8″ / right down .5”
high waist (as in skinniest part) = 28.3″ – down by .7″
low waist (right across the belly button) = 32.7″ – down by .8″
hips = 37.1″ – down by .5″
and, weight = 130 – down 3lbs total (was SO hoping for more, but at least I can say that I maintained over Christmas!)
So there you have it. No major change after Level 2, BUT I did make it through the holidays without gaining, so that’s good. I’m working through Level 3 now and am trying my best to push it even harder on this home stretch!