Well here we are already! I can’t believe that I already completed day 10 and level 1 of the 30-Day Shred Challenge! To be completely honest, when I began this challenge back on the 6th, day 10 felt SO far away!!! It’s definitely been a challenge, but I’m happier for it. I’m finally really sticking to a plan and am doing it totally and completely for me.
Are you interested to hear how each day has gone? Here are my run-downs of days 1-10.
Day 1 – December 6, 2011:
- Here we go, the first day of the challenge! I felt very sluggish after the first circuit, but semed to finish off a bit stronger than expected. I had a massive headache all afternoon/evening. Although it was gone by the time I began the workout, perhaps that affected my performance?
Day 2 – December 7, 2011:
- First early morning workout – 6AM. This workout went surprisingly well. Much better than expected! It was still very tough, but it was tolerable. I originally wrote this update at 8PM… I rode Chelsea after work on this day and by 8PM felt VERY SORE.. pretty much all over. Worried about day 3!
Day 3 – December 8, 2011:
- To my surprise, I got out of be OK this morning. The workout was pretty tough though. I was pretty sore, but I powered through and felt great for it in the end. NO PAIN, NO GAIN!! I rode Chelsea on this night as well and it went great!
Day 4 – December 9, 2011:
- An easy start to the day yet again! I decided to start using 5lb weights for a few exercises (had only been using 2lbs so far) to make it more challenging. Went well!
Day 5 – December 10, 2011:
- Another easy start to the day – really shocked at how easy the act of getting up so early has been. Odd! I used the 5lb weights for even more exercises today and it felt really good!
Day 6 – December 12, 2011:
- To my surprise, i jumped right out of bed after a day off and a really busy weekend. I only used the 5lb weights today. It was a challenge, but I powered through. I rode Chelsea after work on this day and she was great!
Day 7 – December 13, 2011:
- Another good, solid workout. I’m really starting to get the hang of this! … but getting sick of the music on the cd – have started pumping my own tunes now that I know the routine by heart. I used only 5lb weights yet again and even rode Chelsea after work for workout #2!
Day 8 – December 14, 2011:
- This morning’s workout was very challenging. Perhaps these early mornings are finally getting to me? I really had to remind myself why I was doing this because a small part of me wanted to quit during the first cardio section. I pushed through though and finished feeling tired, but proud. For something a little different after work, I hit the stationary bike and pounded out a quick 10K in 19:50.
Day 9 – December 15, 2011:
- Wow, I’m still feeling REALLY tired today. I’ve been in bed by 10pm so getting my 8hrs, but damn! Really dragged my butt out of bed today. Again felt spent after the first cardio section, but started to feel better as the workout progressed. Dropped to the 2lb for 1 exercise in the last section. Finished strong though. I had planned to ride after work, but by 5PM I was really dragging, so I decided to take the evening off. At least I got the morning workout done! 🙂
Day 10 – December 16, 2011:
- I can’t believe I already made it to day 10!! Dragged myself out of bed again today, but had a bit more of a bounce as I was really excited to be completing Level 1. I’m actually sticking with this and it feels great! The workout was hard as it has been, and I finished strong. Will be riding tonight too for workout #2.
Has my body changed after Level 1???
Level 1 Statistics
upper arm = (left) 11″ (right) 10.9″ – both up by .4″
thigh = (left) 23.3″ (right) 23 – no change
high waist (as in skinniest part) = 28.6″ – down by .4″
low waist (right across the belly button) = 33″ – down by .5″
hips = 37.6″ – no change
and, weight = 130.2 – down 2.8lbs! 🙂
Not too shabby after only 10 days!
I just want to note, that along with this workout program, I’ve also been working on cutting down my portions. I’ve been eating well all along, but was just eating too much!!! Looking forward to seeing the results after Level 2, which I begin tomorrow!!