Home Projects

A Dresser Makeover

Finally, I have actually finished something!!! 😉

As I mentioned in my last post, this dresser made it’s way to my home several years ago courtesy of my grandmother. At the time, I had no use for it so it ended up living in the garage up until this past week.  While working on re-doing our living/dining room area, I realized that some extra storage would be very welcome, so I figured we might as well use something that we already had.

Without further ado…

The BEFORE

First thing’s first.. this baby had been sitting in a garage for 2 years, so it needed a good cleaning before I started to paint!

Next up, the knobs. I’m not a fan of the gold/brass look so they needed some spray paint!

I learned this trick on Young House Love 😉


And now on to painting this baby!

I had a bag of sponge brushes, so I decided to give them a try and they actually worked really well for this project.

Now for the fun part. 😉  Silly my forgot to snap a shot during this process but here is what she looked like after coat #1.

And…

*drum roll*

The finished product:

This was an extremely easy makeover project that anyone could do with the right piece of furniture.

Total work time = 2 evenings

Cost breakdown:

  • dresser = FREE
  • spray paint = FREE (already had on hand)
  • black paint = $13.00
  • turquoise paint = $5.00 (I got a Behr sample pot from the Home Depot)
  • sponge brushes = FREE

Total cost = $18!!! 🙂

Advertisements

3 thoughts on “A Dresser Makeover

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s