One of the easiest ways to change up the look of a room is to change out the pillow covers. Unfortunately, I don’t know about you, but frugal ol’ me just can’t bear to part with even $8-10 for one new pillow cover. Hey, I’m a cheapskate! What can I say? 😉 I especially won’t shell out the $ if it’s something that I can make on my own.
When talks started about re-decorating our living room space, I knew right away that I wanted to make some new pillow covers. It wasn’t that the ones I already have (which I made) didn’t match our new look, but I just wanted something different. So up I went to Fabricland to pick out something new and fresh. I came home with two different fabrics. A fun zebra print, and a nice bold green flower print.
Here’s a photo-montage of the process.
…you know you’re tired and a bit dopped up on steroids/allergy meds when you make some nice long stitches only to realize that one piece of fabric was on wrong… duh!!
…thankfully I had some patience, a seam ripper, and the comfort/distraction of The Nate Berkus show to get me through 😉
And voila! I spent $14 on fabric and was able to make 2 square pillow covers and 2 rectangular pillow covers. Now that’s success in my books! Can’t wait to actually get them on and do this re-decorating!!