…Especially cookies that are almost guilt-free!
If you’ve looked at some of my other cookies recipes, it may come to no surprise that 1. I am a huge fan of sweets and 2. I am most definitely a lover of soft cookies. For the past few weeks, I’ve been playing around trying to perfect a recipe for a perfectly soft oatmeal chocolate chip cookie using no fattening oil or butter. It took a few tries of shuffling ingredients around, but by golly! I got it!!!
These turned out so well that I literally just baked them and had to come and share with you right away. They are so fast and easy to make! Honestly .. GO MAKE THESE NOW!!!!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
What you need:
- 1 C whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 + 1/4 C oats
- 1/2 C loosely packed brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 C unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 C chocolate chips
What you do:
– put all of your dry ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in a large mixing bowl and mix it all up
– now add your wet ingredients right in the same bowl (a one bowl baking recipe! awesome eh?!)
– finally, add those chocolate chips and give it a final stir
– line your cookies sheets with parchment paper (since there is no oil in the cookies, if you don’t do this, they will stick) and use a teaspoon to spoon the batter on… make these babies as big or as small as your little hearts desire 😉
– bake at 350 degrees F for 9-10 minutes
In other news… I’m happy to report that I’ve been hives-free for one week now thanks to the upped dosage of allergy meds and prednisone. I’m finally starting to get some actual sleep at night now too making me actually feel GOOD this morning! I still felt exhausted and run down in the afternoon after taking the prednisone (that’s what it does to me), but today was my LAST DOSE of it. So, I guess we’ll see how I am come Friday to see if I’ve finally kicked this thing!
Despite feeling tired when I got home, I still mustered up the energy to complete a little workout in attempt to stay back on track. I did the same one as Monday:
2 sets of the following
- body-weight squat x 15 reps
- pushups x 15 reps
- bend-over row with L-raise x 15 reps
- plank x 30 seconds
- curtsy lunge x 15 reps
And although my thighs were still sore from Monday’s workout, I killed it.
Don’t I look better in comparison to the last time you saw me??? 😉
Now go and make some cookies!! 🙂