I have a new recipe for you today and it has to be one of THE easiest and quickest slow cooker recipes yet!
When making this week’s meal plan I realized that I had a craving for tacos. Knowing that we had some chicken breasts in the freezer just waiting to be used up, I figured why not try something along the lines of pulled chicken tacos! The seed was planted and the end result was pretty darn amazing. The best part was that it honestly took no longer than about 3 minutes of work in the morning and about 5-10 min of prep work when I got home. So easy and fast!!!
Pulled Chicken Tacos
What You Need:
- boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had 3 on hand so that’s what I used)
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes; they sell them with different herbs/spices in them already, so whatever floats your boat! I used an herb one.
- approx. 2 tsp cumin
- approx. 4 tsp chili powder
- whole wheat tortillas
- cheese; grated
- Greek yogurt
What you do:
– before going to work, open up the can of tomatoes and pour into a bowl. Add the cumin and chili powder — use as little or as much as you want depending on your taste — and stir it all up. If you’re a fan of heat (I for one am a wimp) add some cayenne to the mixture too!
– place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker and cover with the tomatoes. Press the little buttons and set that baby to cook for 8 hours on low.
That’s it, that’s all.
When you get home from work, it should look a little something like this:
– very carefully remove the chicken from the slow cooker
– and shred those suckers up using two forks
– now put all the pulled chicken back into the slow cooker to stay warm and soak up the juices while you prepare your taco toppings
– serve on a whole wheat tortilla with your favourite toppings! I chose cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and Greek yogurt because that’s what we had on hand. Plain avocado or even some guacamole would be pretty amazing too!
This is definitely one for the vault!