While making our meal plan last weekend, I decided that it was time that the crock pot made a return! I went through this stint during the winter where I was using the crock pot to make at the very least one meal a week, but for the past couple of months, I stopped. I don’t know why I stopped using the crock pot because it makes dinner SO much easier!!!!
A couple of weeks ago, we had scooped up a package of boneless skinless chicken thighs on for 30% off. It wasn’t on our grocery list, but we figured that it was a deal we couldn’t pass up. The chicken went straight in the freezer until I could figure out what to do with it. 🙂
Slow-Cooked Mushroom Chicken
Toss the following ingredients in your crock pot:
- 4 potatoes; cubed up (I used russet but you can use any kind)
- 1 medium-sized onion; chopped
- sliced mushrooms – however many or little you have
- chicken – breasts obviously would work just as well
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 can of mushroom soup + 1 can of water
Set your crock pot to low and cook for 8 hours.
Our house smelled like heaven when I got home last night!!!!
In order to get some green veggie goodness in, I steamed up some green beans. Everything went so well together. It’s definitely a recipe I’ll make again.
…just because it’s Friday… and because I can 😉
- I love the smell of fresh rain. All of the winter dirt must be washed away now because it was drizzling as I came back into the office after lunch today and it just smelled FRESH.
- I’m supposed to be running a 10K tonight for the Nike+ Run Girl Run Virtual run!!! I’m not going to lie, I’m scared shitless!!! I haven’t run a 10K in over a year. Wish me luck!
- Married life is great! It’s no different than life before marriage.. incase you were wondering. 😉 It’s still pretty fabulous though!
- I started working on my vegetable garden last weekend. As in, I spent an entire afternoon working on it last weekend and am really excited to get back out there tomorrow to do some more. I have big plans for my back yard and veggie garden this year and can’t wait to blog all about them!!
Have a great weekend!!