I came home yesterday just CRAVING a bowl full of veggies for supper. Luckily for me, I had some beef thawing in the fridge and a stir fry was on the menu!
So, here’s the recipe for you. No muss, no fuss, perfect for a work night.
Orange & Ginger Beef Stir Fry
What You Need:
- 1 pkg of stir fry beef strips
- 1 large carrot; peeled and sliced
- 1/2 a head of broccoli
- 1/2 a head of cauliflower
- mushrooms (as many as you like)
- 1 clove of garlic; minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger; minced
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- a few splashes of low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp hoisin sauce
- juice from 1/2 of an orange
What to do:
– start off by sauteing the garlic and ginger in the little bit of olive oil
– then just start adding all of your veggies
– cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes and then add the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and orange juice — followed by about 1/2C of water. Mix it all together and continue to cook for about another 5 minutes
– now toss in your beef. If you’re like me, you want to keep a close eye on it now so that the beef doesn’t over cook. It took about 4 minutes.
– Serve over cous cous, rice, asian noodles, the possibilities are endless. We chose to forego the carbs last night, so I served and topped with some fresh alfalfa sprouts.
…and if you’re adventurous like me, dig in with your favourite pair of chop sticks! 😉