I promised this recipe the other day, so here it is!
This is a delicious and perfect dish for one of those week-nights where you want something good an substantial to eat, but don’t have a lot of time to make.
Tuna Pad Thai
What you need:
- 1 large carrot – peeled and sliced into 2 inch long slivers
- 1 larch zucchini – sliced
- 1-2 cups sliced mushrooms (I used cremini)
- 2 green onions
- 1/4C chopped peanuts
- pad thai sauce
- rice noodles
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 lime
- fresh cilantro
What to do:
– Sautee the carrots, mushrooms and zucchini until almost cooked (about 8-10 minutes) and then add 1 can of tuna
– meanwhile, cook your rice noodles as directed on the package — about 3 minutes in boiling water, and then strain
– next up, add your sauce to your veggie/tuna mixture. I like using VH’s version (about 1/3 of the bottle)
– now add your cooked noodles to the mixture along with half of the peanuts and the green onion
– mix it all up and add your fresh cilantro
– serve topped with extra peanuts, green onion and some freshly squeezed lime juice
I just LOVE this recipe!! Best of all, I think it only took about 20 minutes to prepare which is perfect for a week-night.
Let me know if you give it a shot!