Last night marked dentist appointment #3 in the last 3 weeks. (I had to get some fillings fixed) As I mentioned before, I made it one of my personal health goals to get back on track with my dental health. I want to be 100% healthy all around, so I had to conquer my fear of the dentist and just bite the bullet and go.
Thankfully, I found an incredible office with amazing staff. I’ve felt so comfortable there which in turn has made this step easy. Back I go tomorrow to get some more fillings fixed on the other side. Fun!
Now for some food..
Last weekend I finally decided to try Caitlin’s grilled banana sandwich. I pretty much drool over it any time she posts one on her blog, so the day I was to give it a shot was bound to come.
It was amazing.
…I made a grilled banana sandwich for supper!
What is a grilled banana sandwich you might ask?
It’s essentially grilled banana sandwiched between 2 pieces of french toast.
You can find the original recipe HERE on Caitlin’s blog.
I modified it just a tad.
What You need:
- 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (or your favourite bread)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon x 2
- 1 banana, sliced
What you do:
– heat your frying pan to just over medium and grease with a tad of butter or cooking spray
– while your pan is heating, whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla
– dip the bread in your mixture (like normal french toast) and place on your hot pan
– when you flip it, sprinkle 1/8tsp of cinnamon on each slice and then place your sliced banana on the pan as well
– the banana cooks quickly so flip them after about 30-40 seconds
– once everything is cooked, assemble your sandwich and drizzle with some pure maple syrup (the fake stuff just doesn’t cut it) 😉
It’s such an amazing recipe! I just chose to add some milk and omit the sugars. It’s definitely going in my regular breakfast or last-minute supper rotations.
p.s. I’m thinking of changing my current running plan/schedule and start training for an attempt at my first half marathon! More to come on that in a few weeks.