I will always believe that the recipes passed down from family members over the years will always be some of the best, and they will also always be some of the ones you always go back to.
My mother’s fudge brownie recipe is one of those, as well as our family chocolate macaroon recipe.
I’m not the only one in our family who knows this one by heart. 😉
No-Bake Chocolate Macaroons
You will need:
- 1/2 C butter
- 6 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 C rolled oats
What to do:
– Melt the butter in a medium size pot on a medium-low heat
– Once melted, stir in the cocoa powder until well blended. And then the sugar and stir until blended.
– Add the milk and stir while you bring the mixture to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
– Now stir in your oats and coconut.
– Cover your baking sheets with parchment paper and drop 1 tbps spoonfuls onto your sheet (you could always make them bigger or smaller) 😉
– Chill until hardened. Store in the fridge.
These are one of the easiest things to make and definitely a yearly go-to recipe for me at Christmas time. 🙂