The first real sign of fall came to my house Sunday night, when we turned the heat on because it was only 16 degrees in here when we got home. Brrr!!
Tonight, I finally broke out the pumpkin and now it smells like fall in here too! 🙂
First I wanted to make some pumpkin scones, but I didn’t have the proper ingredients.
Then I was going to make a pumpkin loaf, but I didn’t have the patience to wait an hour for it to bake.
So what’s a girl to do when she wants some sort of pumpkin-themed baked goods?
Make up a recipe that’s what!
Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies 🙂
1/2 C all purpose flour
1/4 C whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 tsp chia seeds
1 C oats
1 C pure pumpkin
2/3 C brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
raisins/chocolate chips (as much as you want)
What to do:
- mix all dry ingredients together in a small bowl in the order above (flours, baking powder, spices, salt, chia seeds, oats) and set aside
- mix all wet ingredients together in a large bowl in the order above (pumpkin, brown sugar, egg, vanilla)
- combine the wet and dry ingredients then stir in raisins or chocolate chips — I like raisins and C doesn’t, so I made a mixed batch 1/2 raisin and 1/2 chocolate
- spoon onto a non-stick baking sheet (or onto parchment) and bake at 350 degrees for approx 12 minutes (ovens vary so keep an eye on them) – cookies will be firm to the touch when ready – be careful not to burn the bottom!
- transfer onto a wire rack to cool
- makes approximately 2 dozen
Now I’m off to watch Glee! 🙂