1. Of your current hobbies, which would you choose to spend more time, money, and effort on? Why?
I definitely choose to spend more time, money, and effort on my horse and horseback riding in general. Why? Because it is my PASSION. I started riding at 9 years old and have never looked back. I honestly can’t imagine a life where I don’t ride or spend time with horses so I will continue to do everything in my power to make sure that I never have to lose it.
2. List the two other hobbies/habitual activies (not chores) besides the one listed above that you regularly do now and didn’t choose in question one.
Running and reading would have to be two other hobbies that I do regularly now. It’s crazy how your hobbies/habits change over time isn’t it? 4 years ago, I never would have said running and reading! I only just started running in January and I really hope this is something that I will just continue doing and make a habit for the rest of my life. As for reading, I started actually reading for pleasre a year or so ago and won’t ever look back. It’s so calming and relaxing to just curl up on a Sunday afternoon with a great book.
3. Why are you spending time on the above two hobbies/habitual activies at all if you really wanted to spend your time on the first one you chose? …or to put it another way, what are these two hobbies/habitual activities fullfilling that the first one doesn’t if you don’t want to put all your effort into the first hobby?
Wow this is a tough question. I suppose the only way I can really answer this is by saying that the three hobbies combined have given me such a great sense of fullfilment. I get one form of excercise combined with the emotional connection/love that I feel from my horse when I go out riding. Then when I go running, I get a completely different form of exercise combined with this sense of nothingnesss almost. It’s just me and my music, as if I’m in a little bubble and don’t have to concentrate about anything but keeping my legs mvoing. And then when I sit with a good book, I am relaxed and taken into this new imaginary world as I sift through the pages. All three hobbies balance eachother out perfectly.
4. Ready John 3:16 in the bible… In what way does this passage affect you? What are your feelings towards these words, positively or negatively?
I’m going to pass on this one…
5. M&M’s: nuts, no nuts, or peanut butter?
Oooo this is a tough one. There is a time and place for plain M&M’s, and a time and place for peanut M&M’s. Both are equally fantastic.
6. Putting away the feeling of pride being a bad thing; what secretly/openly are you proud about yourself?
I am proud about my independence and what I have been able to accomplish at such a young age. At 26, I have now owned my own home for 3 years, my own car for 4 – all while still being able to keep my first horse which I got at 16. Running a house on my own has been tough, but I’m managing. I’m also proud about the fact that I’m not afraid to take risks when it comes to my ideas. I will use my recent accomplishment as my example – LL @ Home. I wanted to open my own Etsy shop, so I make some items and did just that! Yes, it hasn’t been as successful as I had hoped, but I’m still proud about the fact that I did it. Maybe business will pick up one day! 🙂
7. Given one room in the house to do with what you want, not changing the actual size of the room and with all the money you would need, what would you do, and be specific? (this can range from bouncy floor,walls & ceilings; to hard wood floor with wood paneling and purple ceiling with a chair; to nothing)
This would definitely be my kitchen. Oh do I have dreams for my kitchen! I would absolutely love to get brand new cabinets in white. Normally I would like dark cabinets, but in this house, white would be best. Then a dark slate coloured countertop and dark slate floors. Clear glass tiles as the back-splash, and chive green paint on the walls. All with a new sink of course, faucet, and stainless appliances. A girl can dream! 😉
8. What’s the next movie you’re going to see? Not what you’d LIKE to GO see, but the next movie you realistically are going to watch.
Hmmm I don’t think I can answer this one either. C and I watch a lot of movies at random times. We always chose randomly too, so I have no clue what we’ll see next.
9. Use the keyboard only and make your best smiley/funny/cool face –> like this! 8^)
=) (not very creative eh?)
10. What makes you cry? What makes you pray? What makes you laugh?
What makes me cry? a lot of stuff. What can I say – I’m sort of a candy ass. What makes me pray? I don’t really pray. What makes me laugh? too many things to write down here.