I have been so behind lately that I haven’t even found the time to accept and THANK Ebony Jewel from Seize The Moments for the 2 awards she has given me over the past few weeks!
So Thank YOU!
Now, those of you familiar with the bloggy world will know that in order to accept awards, there are several rules to be followed. Therefore, without further ado, there’s some business to attend to here!
Here’s the first award! I just love it! And the cupcakes are making me think that I just might have to make some pink girly ones this weekend! In order to accept this award, I must list 10 things that make me happy, try to do at least one of them today, and tag 10 bloggers that brighten my day. For those 10 bloggers, you must also link back to my post!
10 Things That Make Me Happy
1. Hands down, my bf C. He is so much more than I ever could have expected in a partner and friend. Most incredible person I have ever met and I thank my lucky stars every day for getting to be with him.
2. My family. My parents have been married for over 30 years (something that is very rare these days) and they bring such joy and love to our family. I don’t know where I’d be without them and my brothers.
3. My pets. You can’t explain the unconditional love you get from furry friends. If I’m having a bad day, all I have to do is hug my horse, or one of my cats. I swear they hug me back, and it’s an amazing feeling!
4. Blogging and the internet! I’ve been addicted to the internet ever since we first got it when I was 11 years old. Now if only I can find an internet related job! Perhaps I’ll luck out one day!
5. My bloggy/bb friends. Although out in the real world we may be complete strangers, it’s amazing the love I feel from my online friends. They make my day every day!
6. My Home. Many people are shocked to hear I own my own house at my age. It’s tough to carry financial wise, but it’s mine and it’s amazing.
7. Music. Listening to music feeds my soul. I can’t go a single day without listening to music that I love.
8. Riding. I can never explain the feeling I get when riding my horse, or any horse at that. It’s a magical experience and no matter how I’m feeling before I ride, afterwards, I am happy.
9. Television. As lame as it sounds, sometimes I enjoy being a complete couch potato. I have my shows that I watch religiously and they make me so darn happy!
10. Food. So many people around the world don’t have access to the types and quantities of food that I do. Another lame one, but omg I love food! Eating makes me happy!
10 Bloggers That Brighten My Day (of course in no particular order)
– pieces of Awesome
– Lost In Thought
– Down the Rabbit Hole
– Seize the Moments
– Three Stride Studios
– Ramblings of A Fab Brunette
– Beauty In The Birches
– Healthy Tipping Point
– Frugal Dreamer
Now to the next one… I can’t believe she gave me TWO!!
This one is so pretty! Thank you again miss Ebony Jewel! Rules for this one are as follows:
1) Thank the person who nominated me for this award.
2) Copy the award & place it on my blog.
3) Link to the person who nominated me for this award.
4) Tell us 7 interesting things about yourself.
5) Nominate 7 bloggers.
6) Post links to the 7 blogs I nominate.
These ones are always tough! Ok here goes nothing…
7 Interesting Things About Myself
1. I got 100% in my grade 9 typing class. Yes, that was many years ago, but I am tooting my own horn here! My typing skills/speed definitely were a benefit to me throughout my 4 years of university when writing essay upon essay of 10-12 pages, then my 40 page thesis!
2. I wrote my 40 page thesis on the representation of Augustus in Roman Architecture. It was just sort of a mini thesis that I had to complete to finish my degree. I absolutely loved working on that paper. I’m still so anxious for the day that I’ll get to go to Rome and see all the things I studied.
3. ..hopefully this doesn’t gross anyone out but.. I am a complete carnivore. Honestly, I could not live without meat! Steak cooked rare is like my best friend!
4. I kind of have a ‘let’s get it done now’ sort of personality when it comes to starting/completing new projects. If I get an idea in my head about something in particular that I want to do, I have to get it done right away. ie. I decided on a Tuesday that I wanted to give my kitchen a makeover, and it was completed the following Sunday.
5. I am addicted to the show The Biggest Loser. Bf and I watched the newest season premiere last night and if anything, it motivates us to keeps pushing and doing whatever we can to stay looking how we do and to never put on weight.
6. Almost every day after 5pm, my fancy high heels and dressy clothes get changed for, well at this time of the year, long johns, sweat pants, many layers on top and boots so I can go hang out in a barn for the evening. lol It’s like I have 2 separate lives!
7. My hair annoys the hell out of me every day! It’s fine and straight as a board! I wish I could make it look like Sandra Bullocks when she puts it up in a pony tail in The Proposal. I have mine in a pony tail right now and it looks OK. By 5 though it will be a disastrous mess!
I now nominate the following 7 bloggers, again in no particular order.